To find out the latest tips and tricks about how you can get the most out of your online shopping experience I spoke with Camille Kowalewski, Senior Communications Manager,eBay Canada. Camille shared with me the latest trends and top tips for online shopping.
What are the most coveted celebrity items online this fall?
This year we have seen the resurgence of flare and wide-leg jeans and celebrities are continuing to embrace this hot trend this season! Celebs including Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie are pairing this style with boho tops and chunky knits for a complete on trend boho-inspired look.
Plaid was also a key trend on the runways for this fall season and we are seeing a lot of celebrities, including Olivia Palermo and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, incorporate plaid into their looks
What is your advice for finding celebrity fall fashion online at an affordable price?
With every new season there are new sets of trends and must-have pieces which we know every fashionable celebrity will incorporate into their amazing wardrobes. To update your wardrobe with affordable celebrity-inspired fall fashion pieces, select trends that resonate with your personal style and then set aside a clear budget for a shopping adventure.
To ensure that you can find trendy affordable items online, here are my top three tips for finding great value online:
• Research the item in advance to get a sense of the price range you are looking at to score a deal. Use this information to refine your search results by entering your spending parameters in the pricing filter. You’re then just a click away from a list of great deals for you to pick from.
• Always check the daily deals pages for flash sales. Deals are updated daily, so check back for the deepest discounts and possibly free shipping.
• Look for auctions and listings with “Best Offer” options; these allow you to start with a low offer on a product, increasing the chances of getting a good deal.
What are the best fall items to buy at this time of year if you’re looking for a good deal?
The great thing about online marketplaces is that you can find a great deal at any time of year. There is a fall must-have item within any price limit you wish to set. Right now my fall must-have fall items at a great deal include:
• Wool Fedora Felt Trilby Hats
• Plaid Coats
• J Brand Bette High Rise Flare Trouser Jeans
What are the hottest trends this fall for women and men?
– Boho continues to be a hot trend for fall so think flowing dresses, fringe (anything) and even a touch of faux fur this fall!
– From cozy chunky knits to sleek turtlenecks, fall sweaters are perfect for mixing with casual denim looks or pairing with a wide-leg pant.
– Merginh comfort and style, athleisure continues to be a huge trend this fall. To create the perfect laid back and fashionable look, pair trendy sneakers with leggings or ripped skinnies and a basic t-shirt or leather jacket.
– Go green! This fall experiment with army green in a range of styles beyond the traditional army green jacket, try army green pants, tops and shoes.
– If you haven’t purchased a jean jacket already, make sure you purchase this staple item this fall as it continues to be a must-have piece.
– Make a statement with some 70s rock-inspired pieces including slim jeans, scarves, suede jackets and ankle boots.
Any other tips for online shopping?
With fashions trends constantly shifting don’t be afraid to think beyond brand new items; experiment with vintage or lightly-used pieces that are both affordable and unique. With mod-1960s and boho-1970s styles back on trend, vintage items can be the perfect touch of trend to update and refresh your look at a bargain!
I will be thinking about all of these online shopping tips as I continue to expand my fall wardrobe. Your suggestions are always welcome, as I continue on my journey to live life to the fullest. Let’s have the very best 2015!