Ultimate Packing Guide Spring 2018
The tickets have been purchased and the itinerary is set…but the real part of planning a world class getaway is designing a great packing list. Ultimate Packing Guide
What you choose to bring on vacation is your inspiration for an amazing getaway, and Tommy Bahama, a lifestyle fashion brand, provides everything you need with this Ultimate Packing Guide. Wherever your travel plans take you, the brand that coined the phrase ‘Make Life One Long Weekend’ will take you there in style and comfort.
Tommy Bahama sportswear, swimwear and accessories for men and women covers all the bases for what to bring in your bag — whether your (island) escape is laid back and tropical or leans toward city sophistication. Must haves for every bag include:
The Destination Dress: Easy to wear and always pulled-together—a great dress is a must-have on any packing list. Tommy Bahama offers a range of styles, from a sporty chic sleeveless polo and gingham shift for daytime to the date-night glam of a statement halter dress and printed wrap. The strapless stripe-and-floral print mix dress and tropical maxi go from beach to bar. We call it the no stress dress: Swing and maxi styles in luxurious stretch jersey defy wrinkles — just unpack and go. Part of the Ultimate Packing Guide.
Get in the Zone: Tommy Bahama’s own IslandZone utilizes a revolutionary fabric that employs 37.5 technology to regulate body temperature and control perspiration. Made from the elements of island life — coconut shells and volcanic sand — the yarns are blended with Tommy Bahama’s super soft fabrics and cut into high-tech polos for him and her, as well as men’s tees and camp shirts made of the first performance silk blend. Total comfort and great style for the backyard to the back nine.
- Life Aquatic: Poolside or beach bound, swimwear is a crucial element of an island getaway. For her, Tommy Bahama introduces Island Sculpt, a capsule collection of one and two-piece suits made of an innovative fabric that shapes and enhances a woman’s curves. In addition, beautiful new styles and prints for her go from sporty to flirty, in engineered prints, stripes and natural Shibori and batik prints. Cover-ups are sportswear-inspired–think boyfriend shirts and relaxed beach pants. For him, elastic waist and fixed waist styles in a variety of lengths offer a cool & confident look, in batik, tropical and tile-inspired prints.
- The White Album: Clean and classic, white is a hit. Chunky knit and cable knit sweaters warm up cool spring evenings, while fitted white denim and linen shorts and crop pants look crisp and fresh with lightweight cotton and ethereal batiste tops. For guys, white vintage jeans and the ‘Linen the Dream’ drawstring pants pop against tees, polos and camp shirts in a variety of shades of blue. The indispensable white tee in soft pima cotton is a wear-with-everything vacation staple; embroidered hula girls on the aptly named ‘Hu-La-La’ camp shirt is a natural conversation starter.
- Linen Living: It’s the quintessential fabric for a vacation getaway; relaxed, inviting, the antithesis of uptight. The packing guide for him includes linen shorts, a breezy linen camp shirt and polo. For cool mornings and evenings, a long-sleeve popover and lightweight sweater does the job, in a range of beautiful colors. The ‘Correspondents Jacket’ is a ‘third layer’ piece for travel and cool island evenings. For her, the iconic jean jacket lightens up in linen with relaxed raw edges. Linen sweaters make a perfect match with pleated linen shorts or worn over a sleeveless shift dress, both in a cheerful gingham. As a cover-up, a wrap or a blanket on an over-air conditioned airplane, the printed linen scarf is the most necessary of vacation accessories.
- Soft Focus: a favorite tee; a beloved hoodie — knits are an integral part of the consummate packing guide. For guys, the pima cotton tee is a wardrobe building basic: layer it under the ‘Beach Ridge’ hoodie for a day at the beach or with the ‘Sunday’s Best Henley’ for a relaxed dinner in the city. A linen blend crew neck sweater takes off the chill in casual style. For women, body-conscious tees, Henleys and sweatshirts are vacation go-tos. Sweaters are key layering pieces, from a classic cardigan to the lace-up pullover in a chunky knit.
- Sunny Day Style: All the gear you need for a day in the sun, from shades to shoes. The exclusive Tommy Bahama + Maui Jim Collection of sunglasses feature classic frames in a brand new collaboration between the sunglass brand and Tommy Bahama for Spring 2017. Styles for him and for her include aviator, classic and cat eye styles, all with super thin glass lenses and the ultimate in protection against UV rays. Footwear plays a big role in styling it cool, and Tommy Bahama offers kicks big on relaxed style: For him, linen loafers, flip flops, leather sandals and drivers; for her, slides, wedges, flip flops, lace-up sandals and chunky-heel sandals – all perfect for city or island travel. And to carry it all, tote bags in a variety of fabrics and prints to complement the sportswear offering, are the necessary accessory.
For Spring 2018, book that trip and let Tommy Bahama take care of the rest. With sportswear, swimwear and accessories created celebrating the island lifestyle, packing for the perfect getaway is easy. Discover the world…with Tommy Bahama.
Keep an eye out for my blog, where I will continue to share the top travel and swimwear style tips for feeling your best self. If you have any questions about travel style or fashion for 2018, please leave your comments below and I will do my best to find the answers for you!
Please note this blog post was sponsored by Tommy Bahama.